It’s time to try another of the recipes from our, top 20 easy bakes for kids post. If you haven’t already seen that post, click the link to see all 20. Simple homemade cookies are what we have in store for you today, and who doesn’t love homemade cookies?
This was another one where I sat back and Lily did most is the work by herself, perhaps because it’s been a while since we last did some baking. She was very enthusiastic about making these. Weirdly this was the most difficult one so far, to find a simple recipe for. It seems like everyone to make their cookies extra fancy, personally I just want a good old fashioned chocolate chip cookie.
- 112g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 112g plain flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheated the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until its light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat.
- Sieve the flour and mix in with the butter and sugar.
- Once you have your cookie dough, divide to make the number of cookies you want. It depends on the size of cookie your after. We got 10 medium sized cookies out of it. Place onto baking tray and press the mixture down slightly.
- Bake them for 8-12 minutes. When they are cooked leave them for 15 minutes on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack.
Simple homemade cookies
And there you have the finished article! Lily piled in some extra chocolate chips, so these are a bit extra chocolatey. I think I left them in the oven a little too long, I’m a bad judge on when cookies are ready. A couple of them were a little burnt, some still had that chewy texture you want. They all tasted nice which is the main thing!
They must have been good enough, as they didn’t last long. I’m hoping we will do another couple of the recipes from our top 20 bakes post, that we haven’t done yet. In the next week or so. As always, thank you for reading.